1 – Subway Referral +audio
- The man I met on the subway told me that he had been homeless for three years.
- I suggested he get off the train at 2nd street and speak with a woman I know from the neighborhood I used to live in.
- That woman is a good friend of mine whose job is to secure housing for people who have none.
- I asked her three weeks later, when I saw her at a dinner, if she had been able to help the man I had met.
- She said, “Yes.” Then added, “When we were able to help him, he requested that I thank the person on the subway who had referred him to me. So, thank you.”
2 – Requesting Money for Meds +audio
- I am writing you to request $1,500 to help my nephew pay for his medication.
- He has cancer and his chemotherapy costs approximately $500 per month.
- My nephew has just three months left of treatment, but he has completely run out of money.
- With the check that you send him, he will be able to successfully complete his treatments as prescribed.
- I greatly appreciate your generosity and whatever you may be able to do to help our family.